The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things you have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
I cannot believe that 2014 will be over in 3 days!!!! How is that possible?! I feel like the older I get, the faster time flies, and oh how true that is!
Christmas this week was absolutely wonderful! My hubby had the week off and we headed home to spend the entire week with our extended families. On Christmas we spent the day with my in-laws and I got the wonderful news that I will be an aunt again x2!!!!!
I’m so excited!! I can’t wait to spoil them rotten 😀 The day after Christmas was spent with my family. I’m an only child so it’s a lot calmer than at my in-laws. Liam is the only grandbaby and the rest of the people that come are over 60 (minus my parents 😉 They haven’t hit that milestone yet!) so Liam gets super-spoiled by two great-grandmothers who love him dearly and will do ANYTHING he asks them to do…including playing monsters and hide-and-seek 😉 It was so cute!
However as I write this I’m trying to figure out how to get all of Liam’s spoils home. Our car was full coming down here and well…he got a LOT of toys this Christmas from two doting grandparents. One is that giant space rover that Imaginext has been advertising…yeah it’s a lot bigger than it looks in the commercial. The other gifts he got includes a lot of TMNT toys, one his uncle got is a blimp that is 30 inches in length….
How was your week? I really enjoyed it! Tonight (or rather last night now, as I’m writing this early on Saturday) the hubby and I are heading out with his brother and sister and their spouses for a kids-free night. I’m excited! Can’t wait to have some grown-up fun, which for me will probably consist of just eating a meal and seeing a grown-up movie in the theaters 😉
Yes, I know…it’s the same book as last week, but this week has been SO busy I haven’t really had the chance to read. I’m a little over halfway though so I expect to finish it quickly.
Last Week on the Blog
- Merry Mondays #4 – Every Time a Bell Rings…
- Top Ten Tuesday #20 – What to Get a Bookworm for Christmas
- My Own Mr. Darcy by Karey White ★★★★
- Tim Cratchit's Christmas Carol by Jim Piecuch ★★★★★
- Sunday Post #14 – Christmas is Over, Time for the New Year
Coming Up this Week
- Merry Mondays | New Year’s Resolutions
- Lost Energy by Lynn Vroman – cover reveal 😀
- Top Ten Tuesday | “Top Ten Goals/Resolutions For 2015 — bookish, blogging or otherwise!” via Broke and Bookish
- Suspicion by Alexandra Monir – review
- Marked by Sarah Fine – review
- Ice Country by David Estes – review
- December ’14 in Review – monthly rewind
- Saturday Shorts | Spearwood Academy Vol. 3 & 4 by A.S. Oren – reviews
- 2014’s a Wrap! – yearly recap
On The Blog
Merry Mondays is running the whole month of December. Tomorrow is the last day! What is Merry Mondays? Why I’m glad you asked It’s a weekly feature for the month of December that I’m super-excited about. Each week will have a different theme all centered around Christmas and the holiday season. Want to participate? Click here for the dates and topics. Also if you participate, be sure to come back here and link-up your posts!
This Week’s Book Fix
I was a good girl despite the severe temptation with my Kindle and all the books that were on sale and free this week 😉 Still I came away with a good haul of books! As always, covers link to Goodreads.
- Swan Song & Knockout by Tracey Ward
- Queen of Someday by Sherry Ficklin
- Aftermath by Sandy Goldsworthy
- Love is a Verb: 365 Daily Inspirations to Bring Love Alive by Gary Chapman
- Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter
- Spearwood Academy Vol. 4 by A.S. Oren – this was a complete surprise and awesome Christmas present for me when I found it sitting in my email on Christmas Eve! Thanks A.S.!!!
- The Vanishing Girl by Laura Thalassa – Thank you Amazon publishing (Netgalley)! I technically already own this book, but it is being re-released (?) I believe and I’ve yet to read it. Now I have an excuse 😉
What are you reading this week?
With the year coming to a close, I’ve been doing a lot of reflecting on what I have read this year and what I want to read next year. This week will be packed with putting up the Christmas decorations and showing Liam the gift of giving as we go through some old toys for donation. But really, I can’t wait to see what this year brings 😀