So I enjoyed Dusting off the Shelves so much that I decided to join the next read-a-thon and it’s a scavenger hunt 😀 The premise is that we are given a list of 25 topics and we then find books that match them, read them, and mark them off to get points. These points equal entries into a rafflecopter for…you guessed it another free book!
The scavenger hunt starts this Sunday Jan. 25th and runs through February 8th. That’s a full two weeks. I usually read somewhere between 2-3 books a week depending on length and how interesting it may be. My goal is to read 6 books 😀 I’m very much a mood reader so what I did was I went through the list that was sent to me and I found books that matched all the topics…well almost all of them, if it’s in green that topic doesn’t have a match. Here they are by point value (covers link to Goodreads):
- Read a book with cartoon characters on the cover
- Read a book with a woman crouching on the cover
- Read a book set in a country you do not live in (a REAL country)
- Read a book with a one word title
- Read a book with something purple on the cover
- Read a book with a spooky house on the cover
- Read a book set in the 1920s
- Read a book with snow on the cover
- Read a book with a fully clothed man on the cover
- Read a book with JUST a body part on the cover
- Read a book with a mechanical ojecct/person on the cover (steampunk)
- Read a book by an author who uses three names
- Read a book by an author who uses initials for first and middle names
- Read a fiction book where one of the main characters is a pirate or sea captain
- Read a book with script style lettering for the title
- Read a book told from a male’s POV
- Read a book with two authors
- Read a book whose author’s initials can be found in COYER
- 2015 in the Chinese horoscope is year of the sheep so read a book where you can spell the word “sheep” just from the letters in the title
- Read a book whose total number of pages is made up of numbers from the year 2015. Minimum of 100 pages
- Read a book that meets two of the above criteria. May do this three times, using different combinations.
- Read a book that meets one criteria from 2 point range, one criteria from the 3 point range, and one criteria from the 4 point range. May do this twice, using different combinations.
With a goal of 6 books, I feel that is fairly attainable. I will post full reviews (for any review copies I may get to) and mini-reviews. Check back here to keep track of my progress.