The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things you have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
Holy moly what a week!!! I know I’m (almost) a day late and a dollar short, but I didn’t want to miss my recap post 😉 Last week was jam packed with snow, SNOW, and MORE SNOW! Also a little birthday partying, family fun, and growing up too fast!
My Liam turned four last week 😥 I’m not ready for my little man to grow up and he’s doing it so quickly. We had a blast celebrating. Not only did he get snow for his birthday (perfect since his wish was to build a snowman) but his grandparents came up for an extended stay and then he had a Lego-themed party – will share pics later this week – with all his new friends from church. Let me just say what a huge blessing it was that it decided to get above freezing on Saturday and 80% of our snow melted in time for his party. You people made my son’s day (and mine) trekking out in the snow to come celebrate with us. Thank you 😀
Yesterday was my birthday, my first 😉 29th birthday and what did I get? Gray hair!!! I’m not ready to turn gray…at least not yet. Is that vain? Probably but I don’t care it’s true!! But it’s not really gray…no it’s WHITE!!! How did I get old?! Sorry, I know there are many more important things to rant over, but currently the white hair before I’m thirty makes my list 😉
How was your week? As busy as I was I didn’t get much, well really any, reading done and I’m getting a bit antsy to start a new book. Any good suggestions?
Nothing 🙁 Though I may start Outlander by Diana Gabaldon tonight….here’s hoping!!! Any suggestions for me?
Last Week on the Blog
- Top Ten Tuesday #26 – Bookish Confessions
- The Vanishing Girl by Laura Thalassa ★★★★
- Book Blitz: This is the Wonder by Tracey Ward
- Enclave by Ann Aguirre ★★★★★
- Feature & Follow Friday #6 – Take Me Away…
- Weekend Reads #23 – The Rules in Rome by A.L. Sowards
- Sunday Post #21 – Happy Birthday to Me!
Coming Up this Week
- Review: Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
- Top Ten Tuesday | “Top Ten Favorite Heroines From Books” via the Broke and Bookish
- Review: Seeker by Arwen Elys Dayton
- Series Review: Survival by Tracey Ward
- Feature & Follow Friday | “Your house is burning down and you have time to select three books you own to take with you. What three books?” via Alison Can Read and Parajunkee’s View
- Weekend Reads | Spearwood Academy Vol 3 & 4 by A.S. Oren
- The One Year Blogaversary giveaway ends this Friday!! If you haven’t entered, go check it out 😀
- Also I have a winners…Jami R. you’ve won an ebook copy and Karen W. you’ve won a signed paperback copy of Awaken: New Bloods Trilogy by Michelle Bryan. Thank you to all who entered!! Be watching for my email 😀
This Week’s Book Fix
My hubby is way too proud of me for this week’s book haul. He says I’m now a reformed bookaholic 😉 Honestly though it was so busy this week I didn’t have a chance to actively seek books! (Covers link to Goodreads)
- A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Grey
- Organ Reapers by Shay West
- Chosen Thief by Scarlett Dawn
- Zali Luna: Movie Star by Emma Jamvold
What are you reading this week?
This week I plan to relax and do pretty much nothing…okay that’s not true. There will be cleaning and other mom duties but besides that I feel that we will have many PJ days in our near future. I also plan for lots of reading 😉 What are your plans?
Lol, I got my first grey hairs, or like you white in my late 20’s and now in my 40’s I need to color or I am 70% grey..it isn’t so bad, and you get rewards along the way. For now focus on Liam..because before you know it, he will be an adult. Happy Birthday to both of you!!
Thank you! He’s growing so fast!!! It’s hard to believe that he’s already four 🙁
My hairdresser told me they are called moonshine blond highlights! Happy Birthday!
Renee recently posted…Tell the Wolves I’m Home by Carol Rifka Brunt
I like that 🙂