Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. They’d love to share their lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Snow….snow everywhere!!! And I’m loving it 😀 It’s time for a new list for this snowy Tuesday. Today’s topic is “Ten Book Related Problems I Have.” Besides being a bookaholic?! This should be interesting…
Ten Annoying Book Habits of Mine
1. I am a completer. I do not start a book, any book, and not finish it. Sometimes it might take me a few months to finish a book and a lot of complaining, but I do it. Usually I’ll start a book, get sucked in and finish it within a few days, sometimes even the same day. A habit I picked up from my Granny….sleep isn’t required when reading a good book 😉
2. I fall in love with the characters…even the baddies. It doesn’t matter what I read, I always seem to find at least one character I love. I root for him or her and 9/10 times I read into things way too much! I like to see the good in every character. Oh and gimme a good villain over a kick-butt heroine any day! I love, ABSOLUTELY LOVE, the bad guys, especially dark and twisty, complicated ones.
3. I read funny scenes out loud to my husband and get upset when he doesn’t care. Why doesn’t he care?! It’s quite hilarious when little feisty grandma is hitting on granddaughter’s boyfriend or what about when the girl and boy who like each other hate each other in the beginning. Those are funny moments!
4. I love almost everything I read. If you’ve followed this blog long, you’ve probably noticed that a majority of my reviews are 4 or 5 stars. According to my husband I’m too nice and that’s why there are so many 4 and 5 star reviews. My reason…if an author has well written characters or a well-written plot or both, despite grammar errors or even some plot holes, I get sucked in and I love them…I love them all! It’s a part of that bookaholic thing I mentioned at the beginning of the post 😉
5. I don’t share well. In fact I’m very leery about loaning out books, mainly because I don’t buy them very often. But also because I do not like it when I don’t get them back!
6. I don’t stop in the middle of a chapter. This is OCD coming out in me. Just like if I start a book, I have to finish it. If I’m in the middle of a chapter, I have to finish it before setting the book down. Whether it’s to make dinner or because I’m literally falling asleep, I will force myself to stay awake and finish the chapter.
7. I say I’m going to bed….BUT really that’s code for I’m going to go read now. I didn’t know there was an actual word for it! Bed is my favorite place to read and nearly every night I fall asleep reading. I dream amazing things about whatever my current read is….right now my dreams are filled with zombies but that’s besides the point 😉 Reading is the way I shut my brain off before going to sleep. Counterproductive I know, but it works!
8. The outside world doesn’t exist when I’m reading. I tend to zone out when I read and the next thing I know several hours have gone by. Since becoming a mom, this sucks because I read at night after he’s in bed which basically means that I realize I’ve sacrificed sleep because it’s like 5am and he will be up in two hours. Oh well….at least it’s a good book right 😉
9. I grumble and often yell at characters. As I become a bit invested in the characters of every book I read, I tend to yell at them when they are being stupid. Stupid as in choosing the wrong guy/girl, walking straight into danger, or just plain stupidity. Am I the only one that does this?
10. I talk about books 99.981% of the time. I think this annoys my husband the most and possibly anyone that spends time with me. What can I say?! I’m a stay-at-home mom and I read in my free time. So the two topics I talk about the most? My baby boy and my books 😀
What annoying book habits do you have? Anyone agree that you don’t find these things annoying? Personally I didn’t realize they were but listening to my husband do a bit of complaining about my books the other day made me realize I really am a bookaholic. Oh well…there are worse habits to have 😉