The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things you have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
Happy Sunday everyone! This was a great week, despite little man having a cold. We went on his first field trip on Monday to the pumpkin patch. He got to pick a pumpkin, a gourd, and popcorn. Yes, my friends you read that right, you really can pick popcorn! I didn’t know that you could. You can then take the picked popcorn off the cob, into a brown paper bag with a little butter and salt and pop it in the microwave. It’s quite tasty 😀
The weather here was gorgeous, but cold! We had our first freeze this week and I brought out the space heaters for our bedrooms. The leaves are in full color now: burgundies, oranges, yellows, and still a few hanging on to their green. We spent a lot of time outside, enjoying the nice weather. Little man has colored all over the sidewalk at our apartment and he is so pleased that there’s been no rain and his art is still there. We made pumpkin cookies too and he decorated them all by himself. He was quite proud of his “scary” pumpkins.
Reading wise I spent so much time outdoors and doing other things that I only managed to read two books this week. I’m hoping to pick up the pace next week otherwise I’ll have nothing to post! What did you do this week?
I started After Alice by Gregory Maguire (yes the same author of Wicked) yesterday and it is SO good!!! I love Alice in Wonderland anyways and I try to read all the retellings and this one is definitely worth the read 😀
Last Week on the Blog
- Meet the Author: R.T. Lowe
- Top Ten Tuesday #52 – Bookish Wishes
- Waiting on Wednesday #23 – The Hunt by Megan Shepherd
- COVER REVEAL: North for Christmas by Christina Dymock
- A Sky Unbroken by Megan Crewe ★★★★
- FF #30 – The Twilight Saga…My Version
- Weekend Reads #47 – Bedtime Frights
- Sunday Post #48 – Pumpkins, Popcorn, & Playtime
Coming Up this Week
- Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore – review
- Top Ten Tuesday | “Halloween Themed Freebie” via the Broke and the Bookish
- Children’s Corner | Writing, Cutting, and Learning to Read
- After Alice by Gregory Maguire – review
- Book Blast: The One Who Sees Me by Kandi J. Wyatt
- Feature & Follow Friday | “What are your favorite books that have been made into a movie?” via Alison Can Read and Parajunkee’s View
- Weekend Reads | Gildemer Volume 2 by A.S. Oren – review
This Week’s Book Fix
What are you reading this week?
We are gearing up to go Trick or Treating this weekend or as little man likes to say “Trick or Treasure” (thank you Jake & the Neverland Pirates). He’s going to be a ninja and he is SO excited. I’ve caught him twice now preening in front of my mirror in his costume. I’ll admit it is cute 😉
The Blog Ahead challenge ends on Saturday and I’m hoping to finish all I have planned. So far I’ve gotten all my Waiting on Wednesday posts done through January. That’s 13 posts done! This week I’m going to work on my Top Ten Tuesdays and Merry Mondays posts. I’ve drafted several posts as well so even though they don’t count towards the challenge, I’m feeling quite accomplished and MUCH more organized than I was when I started.
This weekend we are heading home for a visit. My husband’s residency is winding down and he is now starting the interview process all over again. We originally thought we’d stay where we are, but it’s looking more and more like home will be our hometown which is both sad and exciting. Sad because we’ve made some really great friends in Johnson City and exciting because home means family 😀 I guess we’ll see what God has in store for us.
What are your plans for this week? Reading anything good? Comment below!