The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things you have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
Happy Sunday y’all! It’s been several weeks since the last time I checked in with a Sunday Post and SO much has been happening. Much of the world is on lockdown, and I feel as if I’m living in an alternate reality. In truth, my life hasn’t changed that much. I began homeschooling our son in January, so for him nothing has changed. The downside is that we haven’t left our house since the first week of March. I’ve left for grocery and pharmacy runs, and I’ve tried to keep that to once a week or every other week if we can last that long. My little man is stir crazy though and missing family and friends. His anxiety is also through the roof. He really didn’t notice until the last few weeks, and now we are dealing with some meltdowns. It’s beautiful outside today, so we are taking him on a drive, just to get out of the house.
Reading wise, it’s been slow going. I managed to read 9 books this month, but also DNFed 3. I hate putting down a book when I’ve started it, but I’m realizing now (more than when I first started blogging) that it’s ok, especially if I’m having to force myself to read it. It’s so hard, but I love to read and if I’m having to force myself to read, something is wrong. So yeah, DNF is now a part of my normal reading routine *dripping with sarcasm*.
May is going to be an interesting month. Our state is slowly reopening the economy and lifting some orders. Stores and restaurants opened at 50% capacity this past week, and everything else is following this week. We are still under stay at home orders until the 29th so I’m not really sure how the stores/restaurants will work, but they’re open. My husband was allowed to reopen his office this past Friday, so we are reopening with strict guidelines in place to protect his patients and us. It’s scary, but at the same time I know it’s necessary. Our state is one of the poorest states in the union, and we cannot continue to survive with the economy closed. Too many are going without, and well we know how stress affects health. It’s a vicious cycle. Stay safe friends!
Favorite April ’20 Read
Reviews in April ’20
- The Lost Link by Michelle Bryan ★★★★★
- River Gate by Kay L. Moody ★★★★
- Crypts and Crimes by Scarlett Dawn ★★★★★
- From Blood and Ash by Jennifer L Armentrout ★★★★★
- Heir of Iron Hearts by Bekah Harris ★★★★
- Fae's Deception by M. Lynn, Melissa A. Craven ★★★★★
- The Tempest Sea by Robin D. Mahle ★★★★★
- The Forgotten World by Robin D. Mahle ★★★★★
- Parental Guidance by Avery Flynn ★★★★
- The Honey-Don't List by Christina Lauren ★★★★
Other April ’20 Fun
- WoW #182 – The Perfect Escape
- TTT #191 – Spring 2020 TBR
- WoW #183 – Aurora Burning
- WoW #184 – The Betrothed
Coming Up This Week
- Smoke Gate by Kay L. Moody – review
- TTT | “Things I’d Have at My Bookish Party” hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl
- WoW | What new release are you waiting on this week?
- One of the Girls by Robin Daniels – review
- Fae Captive by Sarah K.L. Wilson – review
This Week’s Book Fix 📚
Your Turn! What was your favorite April read? How are you spending your time at home? What are you looking forward to in May? Share below