Happy Tuesday y’all! A few months ago Lenore from Celebrity Readers mentioned buddy reading several contemporary romances we have in common on our TBRs with Stephanie from Once Upon a Chapter this summer. This inspired a whole host of ideas one of which is Summer of Love. I am SO freaking excited to announce that I will be co-hosting the event along with Lenore and Stephanie. Our goal with this event is to share the love and discuss all the things we enjoy about contemporary romances throughout the summer. I am thrilled to be reading more romance this summer and expanding my contemporary library.
There are several options for you to participate with us. You can treat it as a reading challenge, letting us know your reading goals, signing up below on the linky and posting your reviews to the review linky once it’s live. Or you can treat it like a readathon, let us know you are joining us, and get a point for each book read on the rafflecopter. The choice is your 😉
Schedule of Event
Each week we will be posting contemporary romance reviews rotating through each other’s sites:
We also have some buddy reads planned for the summer since that is how the event came about. We are posting the schedule now so that you can join in if you like. If you do read one of our buddy reads, you can give yourself a point on the rafflecopter 😉 We are planning to read 3 adult and 3 YA contemporary romances. The adult books we will each post our own reviews for, and for the YAs we will be posting *co-written* reviews here on Mom with a Reading Problem.
- 6/30: The Soulmate Equation by Christina Lauren
- 7/14: Once and For All by Sarah Dessen*
- 7/28: The People We Meet on Vacation by Emily Henry
- 8/11: The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson*
- 8/25: The Bromance Book Club by Lyssa Kay Adams
- 9/8: PS I Like You by Kasie West*
And because Lenore and I can’t get away with just reading romance all summer 😉 we are also adding in some Zombie fun on Fridays. We will be reading season one of Rachel Higginson’s Love & Decay. This one is less structured. We will be reading a few episodes at a time and posting co-reviews on Celebrity Readers on Fridays (6/25, 7/9, 7/23, 8/6, 8/20, 9/3). Most likely this will expand past the event as we may continue reading the next seasons.
How to Join
This is supposed to be a fun and relaxing reading getaway so the rules are simple:
- Any contemporary romance book counts towards the challenge. Format doesn’t matter. It can be an ebook, audiobook, physical copy, or ARC. Also we don’t mind if it counts towards another challenge. In fact, we highly encourage it!
- Let us know you’re in! This can be in the form of a blog post, Goodreads shelf, a Facebook/Twitter/Instagram post (just be sure that it is public or we are friends so we can see it), etc. In the post, you could include your goal, what books you might read, and a link back to this post so others can join in.
- Link up! Link your post to the linky below so we can come say hi. You can join the challenge starting June 1st through Sept 1st.
- Reviews are encouraged but not required. What does this mean? Well, just what it says. We will have a review linky posted when the challenge starts that you can add your review links too. If you just want to read, then we also have a rafflecopter where you can give yourself a point for every book read.
- The Summer of Love reading challenge will start June 21st and end September 11th, 2021. All books must be read and/or reviewed during this time frame to count towards the challenge.
We will be giving away a book of the winner’s choice from Book Depository, valued at $30, at the end of the event. One winner will be chosen at random from the review linky. Another winner will be chosen from the Rafflecopter (which will be posted with the review linky at the start of the event).
For Link Title, please enter your name (ex. YourName@BlogName)