Happy Monday y’all! 2021 is slipping by quickly, and I feel like I need a beat to catch up. I’ve not been posting much this year between my obligations with YABC, my husband’s clinic, and teaching my son, there aren’t enough hours in the day. I’m working on it though, and hoping that 2022 will be my year 😉 Despite slacking on my posts, I have been reading. I’ve already met my Goodreads challenge of 100 books this year, and I’m hoping to get in another 25 or so. That said, today’s post is about my favorite reading challenge, #COYER hosted by Berls & Michelle @ Because Reading. The #COYER Fall season started October 1st and runs through December 31st. If you want to join me, you can sign up here.
Format & price don’t matter anymore. You can still read your eBooks and Audiobooks, but now you can also read physical books. They can be free, they can be $50. They can be Kindle Unlimited, borrowed, etc.
Your books have to show up on the scavenger hunt list. We will be releasing a scavenger hunt list of 50 items today, so that you can plan. You can read an unlimited number of books per scavenger hunt item.
Announce your participation! This can be a blog post (or if you don’t have a blog – Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Goodreads, etc.) If you want to list books you would like to read, that’s great, but not necessary. The point is to let everyone know you’re committed to COYER Fall, maybe share some goals, and help spread the word. Not sure how to do your post? Check out this example from a previous COYER.
Link up! Link that post (not just your blog homepage) to the linky in todays post.
Review & Link Reviews! Your review may be on your blog, Goodreads, etc. Link the review to the Review Linky (the same linky as Winter, Spring, and Summer but Michelle will start pulling winners after Summer reviews). When you post your review to the linky, identify which number it is from the scavenger hunt list. So use the normal format but add the item number at the end: Your Name @ Blog (if applicable): Book Title Scavenger Hunt item # (e.g., “Michelle @ Because Reading: Twilight #2).
Follow & share reviews on Twitter and Instagram Use #COYER for on your posts and look for tweets with the hashtag or #COYERinstaq for Instagram
Visit Each Other, Chat & Have Fun!
During the Summer semester, I challenged myself to 30 books, and I read 31 🙌 For this season, I’m backing down to 20. With the holidays coming up, I know I will get super busy and not have a chance to read much so I’m planning ahead for that. Also, I’m going to challenge myself a bit harder this season and limit myself to using an item from the Scavenger hunt list only once, even though the rules say I can use them more. I mean to myself like that 😉 You can track my progress below or on my Goodreads shelf.
*My progress bar below is lower currently than what I’ve read because I’m behind reviewing….
COYER 2021: 46/70
- Namesake by Adrienne Young
- Marriage and Murder by Penny Reid
- Escape from the Roller Ghoster by Andres Miedoso
- Beware the Werewolf by Andres Miedoso
- The Case of the Missing Cheetah by Veronica Mang
- Go the Distance by Jen Calonita
- Jackaby by William Ritter
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
- A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J Maas
- No Adults Allowed by Gavin Aung Than
- The Road Trip by Beth O'Leary
- Curse of the Specter Queen by Jenny Elder Moke
- The Wrath & the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
- Romancing the Duke by Tessa Dare
- The Phoenix's Ashes: The Complete Series by Rebecca Ethington
- To Sir, With Love by Lauren Layne
- Falling in Love on Willow Creek by Debbie Mason
- The Soulmate Equation by Christina Lauren
- A Lair of Bones by Helen Scheuerer
- Coming Home to Seashell Harbor by Miranda Liasson
- Six Crimson Cranes by Elizabeth Lim
- Once and For All by Sarah Dessen
- Meg and Jo by Virginia Kantra
- The Christmas Vow by Shanna Hatfield
- Snowflakes and Holly by Jae Dawson
- Sam the Stolen Puppy by Holly Webb
- The Christmas Village by Annie Rains
- A Crown For Christmas by Rachel Van Dyken
- Totally Folked by Penny Reid
- If the Shoe Fits by Julie Murphy
- People We Meet on Vacation by Emily Henry
- House of Eclipses by Casey L. Bond
- Of Glass and Ashes by Elle Madison, Robin D. Mahle
- Light Chaser by Peter F. Hamilton, Gareth L. Powell
- Faking Reality by Sara Fujimura
- Wolf, Shifted by Rebecca Ethington
- Forestborn by Elayne Audrey Becker
- Heartbreak for Hire by Sonia Hartl
- Willodeen by Katherine Applegate
- How Sweet It Is by Dylan Newton
- P.S. I Like You by Kasie West
- What Once Was Mine by Liz Braswell
- Decisions We Make After Midnight by Rachel Higginson
- House of Salt and Sorrows by Erin A. Craig
- Iron Widow by Xiran Jay Zhao
- All I Want for Christmas is the Girl Next Door by Chelsea Bobulski
Your Turn! Are you participating in any reading challenges this year? Share below