Refresh on how it works this year…
COYER – Clean Out Your E-Reads – was initially about reading free (or nearly free) e-books and writing reviews for them. Later we added in Summer Vacation where format and price didn’t matter. Along the way we added in all sorts of extra twists and challenges just to keep it fun. You’re going to get a bit of that this year, but we’re jumbling it up and flipping it upside down so that when we get to the COYER’s ACTUAL birthday we’ll be doing it like we started, with the strict rules. We’ve divided the year into 3 Chapters (instead of seasons). As always you can participate all year, part of the year, or not at all and just participate in COYER Community. At the end of each Chapter, reviews entered in the review linky will be eligible for a $5 gift card to Amazon or Barnes & Noble.
The Winner for COYER Chapter 2 is….
783. Raquel @ Silver Valkyrie Reads: The Wolf Gate
Michelle will be in touch via email to send you your gift card! Congrats!
Chapter 3: The Beginning
Chapter 3 will run September – December. In honor of our very first COYER, which was announced September 5, 2013 (the original sign up post) and began November 1, 2013 (the very first kick off post) and ended November 30th with not one but two ending posts (post 1 and post 2)because… well I honestly can’t remember why lol… we’ll be following the original strict rules that became COYER at this time 10 years ago!
- Every book you read MUST be in an electronic format – meaning eBook or Audiobook. It’s okay to start a book before September 1st, you must be less than half way for it to count then review it during COYER.
- The books must be FREE or NEARLY FREE! This includes review books, tour books, NetGalley, Edelweiss, etc. What’s nearly free? No more than $5 for eBooks and no more than $7.50 for Audiobooks (or the equivalent in your currency). Library books, borrowed books, or Kindle Unlimited, Amazon Prime books, and Audible Plus Catalog books do not qualify.
- Announce your participation! This can be a blog post (or if you don’t have a blog – Facebook, Twitter, Mastodon, Hive, Instagram, TikTok, Goodreads, etc.) If you want to list books you would like to read, that’s great, but not necessary. The point is to let everyone know you’re committed to COYER Winter, maybe share some goals, and help spread the word. Not sure how to do your post? Check out this example from a previous COYER.
- Link up! Link that post (not just your blog homepage) to the linky below.
- Review & Link Reviews! Your review may be on your blog, Goodreads, etc. Link the review to the Review Linky (the same linky as Chapters 2 and 3). When you post your review to the linky use the following format: Your Name @ Blog (if applicable): Book Title (e.g., “Michelle @ Because Reading: Twilight”).
- Follow & share reviews on Social Media. Use #COYER on your posts and look for others posting with the hashtag.
- Visit Each Other, Chat & Have Fun
Michelle will post the Chapter 3 winner January 1, 2024. Be sure to have your reviews on the linky by 12pm (noon) EST December 31st for them to be included in the Chapter 3 drawing.