It’s officially Spring in the Northern hemisphere which means it’s time to sign up for the next season of #COYER!
Reminder on how it works….
COYER – Clean Out Your E-Reads – was initially about reading free (or nearly free) e-books and writing reviews for them. We’re going back to that as the basis, with some seasonal twists.
At the end of each season, reviews entered in the review linky will be eligible for a $5 gift card to Amazon or Barnes & Noble. The last Thursday of each season (except December, where we’ll finish out the year), Michelle @ Because Reading will randomly select and announce the winner for the season and share the sign up for the next season (including a reminder of the rules). This means that all reviews for the season must be in the linky by 12 noon EST on the last Wednesday of the month. Any reviews entered after 12 noon EST will go towards the next season. But keep following the current rules for the remainder of the month. You can find the #COYER 2022 Winter season winner here.
Each Season brings a new challenge so if you didn’t participate in Spring but want to Join Summer you are welcome to do that. You do not have to participate in all seasons, you can pick and choose which seasons you want to join.
COYER Spring: April – June
Spring is going to be the same as last year, meaning the rules will get a little looser, without completely melting away. Your rules for the Spring (beginning April 1) will be:
- Format doesn’t matter anymore. You can still read your eBooks and audiobooks, but now you can also read physical books.
- The books must be free or nearly free… This includes review books, tour books, NetGalley, Edelweiss, etc. What’s nearly free? No more than $3 for eBooks and no more than $5 for Audiobooks and physical books(or the equivalent in your currency). This time library books (including Amazon Prime books) and borrowed books count… but still no Kindle Unlimited/Audible Plus or books higher than $3.
- Announce your participation! This can be a blog post (or if you don’t have a blog – Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Goodreads, etc.) If you want to list books you would like to read, that’s great, but not necessary. The point is to let everyone know you’re committed to COYER Spring, maybe share some goals, and help spread the word. Not sure how to do your post? Check out this example from a previous COYER.
- Link up! Link that post (not just your blog homepage) to the linky Michelle will share March 24th.
- Review & Link Reviews! Your review may be on your blog, Goodreads, etc. Link the review to the Review Linky (the same linky as Winter, but Michelle will start pulling winners after Winter reviews). When you post your review to the linky use the following format: Your Name @ Blog (if applicable): Book Title (e.g., “Michelle @ Because Reading: Twilight”).
- Follow & share reviews on Twitter. Use #COYER on your posts and look for tweets with the hashtag.
- Visit Each Other, Chat & Have Fun.
Michelle will post the Spring winner and sign up for Summer on June 23rd. Be sure to have your reviews on the linky by 12 noon EST June 22nd for them to be included in the Spring drawing. Any reviews entered after 12 noon June 22nd will go to the Summer drawing. Keep following Spring rules through the end of June. Summer Rules will begin July 1.