Happy Monday y’all! I’ve been absent for most of 2021, and honestly I have no excuse for it other than writing reviews as of late hasn’t been happening. I’m definitely reading, that isn’t the issue. It’s sitting down to write reviews that are. However over the last week, I’ve been slowly catching up. Now my goal is to get back into the blogging circles starting with one of my favorite reading challenges: #COYER hosted by Berls & Michelle @ Because Reading. Spring season lasts from March 1st to June 30th. You can sign up here.
Format doesn’t matter anymore. You can still read your eBooks and audiobooks, but now you can also read physical books.
The books must be free or nearly free… This includes review books, tour books, NetGalley, Edelweiss, etc. What’s nearly free? No more than $2 for eBooks and no more than $5 for Audiobooks and $5 for physical books(or the equivalent in your currency). This time library books (including Amazon Prime books) and borrowed books count… but still no Kindle Unlimited/Audible Plus, ebooks higher than $2, or physical books higher than $5.
Announce your participation! This can be a blog post (or if you don’t have a blog – Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Goodreads, etc.) If you want to list books you would like to read, that’s great, but not necessary. The point is to let everyone know you’re committed to COYER Spring, maybe share some goals, and help spread the word. Not sure how to do your post? Check out this example from a previous COYER.
Link up! Link that post (not just your blog homepage) to the linky Michelle will share February 25th.
Review & Link Reviews! Your review may be on your blog, Goodreads, etc. Link the review to the Review Linky (the same linky as Winter, but Michelle will start pulling winners after Winter reviews). When you post your review to the linky use the following format: Your Name @ Blog (if applicable): Book Title (e.g., “Michelle @ Because Reading: Twilight”).
Follow & share reviews on Twitter. We’re going to try and use twitter a lot more this year (like we used to). Use #COYER on your posts and look for tweets with the hashtag.
Visit Each Other, Chat & Have Fun!For more details, visit Because Reading.
Since there are four months this season, I will aim for 5 books per month or 20 for the season. My main goal is to hang out with some of my bookaholic friends, find new reads, and buddy read when possible. You can follow my progress below or keep up with me on Goodreads.
COYER 2021: 14/20
- Namesake by Adrienne Young -
- Marriage and Murder by Penny Reid - ★★★★★
- Escape from the Roller Ghoster by Andres Miedoso - ★★★★★
- Beware the Werewolf by Andres Miedoso - ★★★★★
- The Case of the Missing Cheetah by Veronica Mang - ★★★★★
- Go the Distance by Jen Calonita - ★★★
- Jackaby by William Ritter - ★★★★
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo - ★★★★
- A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J Maas - ★★★★★
- No Adults Allowed by Gavin Aung Than - ★★★★
- The Road Trip by Beth O'Leary - ★★★★★
- Curse of the Specter Queen by Jenny Elder Moke - ★★★★
- The Wrath & the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh - ★★★★★
- Romancing the Duke by Tessa Dare - ★★★★★
- The Phoenix's Ashes: The Complete Series by Rebecca Ethington -
Your Turn! Are you participating in any reading challenges this year? Share below