The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things you have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
Happy October y’all! I love this time of year (even though it’s still in the 80s in East TN ??♀️). I love going to the football games, bonfires at night, and watching the leaves change colors. I like the cool mornings and warm afternoons and in just a few weeks cool nights reading by the fire. I’m giddy just talking about it!!
September flew by as every month this year has. It was exciting filled with fun. Little man had his first field trip of the year to see a puppet show (which really doesn’t do justice to what this guy did with the puppets) of Sleeping Beauty. The book fair came to the school a couple of weeks ago, we came home with lots of new books that little man can read on his own and a few we are reading together. And Friday night was the Fall Festival. I came home with a bag of snacks and one tired little boy 😉
Reading wise September was good to me. Despite being busy, I managed to read/listen to 14 books this month and reviewed 12 books. All in all I’d say that September was a great month 😀
Favorite September Read
Favorite September Quote
Hope is the flame that will not die, no matter how much tragedy tries to smother it.
~from Remember Yesterday by Pintip Dunn
Reviews in September
- Empire of Storms by Sarah J Maas
- The Last One by Alexandra Oliva ★★
- Mask of Shadows by Linsey Miller ★★★
- Forget Tomorrow by Pintip Dunn ★★★★
- Remember Yesterday by Pintip Dunn ★★★★★
- Seize Today by Pintip Dunn ★★★★
- TTT #121 – Top Ten Books From My 1st Year Blogging
- Feels Like the First Time by Marina Adair ★★★★
- The Gender Secret by Bella Forrest ★★★★
- The Killing Jar by Jennifer Bosworth ★★★½
- The Corner of Forever and Always by Lia Riley
- Invictus by Ryan Graudin
Other September Fun
- September ’17 My TBR List
- Sunday Post #121 – August ’17 in Review
- TTT #120 – Books I Struggled to Finish
- WoW #102 – Renegades by Marissa Meyer
- Sunday Post #122 – Fall, Football, and Explosions
- Interview with J.D. Wright, Author of MASKED
- Blog Tour: Perfectly You by Robin Daniels
- WoW #103 – The November Girl by Lydia Kang
- Sunday Post #123 – Babies, Books, and Birthdays
- TTT #122 – Fall ’17 TBR List
- WoW #104 – The Last Namsara by Kristen Ciccarelli
- Children’s Corner: There’s Nothing to Do! by Dev Petty ★★★★★
- WoW #105 – Reign the Earth by A.C. Gaughen
Coming Up this Week
- Once Upon a Princess by C.S. Johnson – blog tour, review
- Top Ten Tuesday | “Top Ten Book Boyfriends/Girlfriends (Which characters do you have crushes on?)” via the Broke and the Bookish
- Satellite by Nick Lake – blog tour, review
- Nyxia by Scott Reintgen – review
- Weekend Reads | Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
This Week’s Book Fix
What are you looking forward to in October? Share below
My daughter has a book fair at her school this week, the parents can go after school on Tuesday, guess what I am going to do! 😉 lol I was going to help out but it’s during work hours and I can’t 🙁 I would be so perfect for a book fair! 🙂
I am also loving the weather, today is super chilly and I plan to make chili because I missed it so much!
I hope you have a great week, Lillian! Happy Reading! 🙂
Book fairs are so much fun. We picked up so many books this year ? Enjoy the chili! I’m making soup this weekend whether it’s cool or not ?
I loooove the fall 🙂 it’s actually quite cool here where I live already, we’re all wearing coats and jackets. But it’s great still, because it’s not rainy, just cool.
Reading wise September has not been great to me 😀 only 6 books! But oh well. It was a busy one 🙂
Any books read makes a good month 😉
I also live the mountains of East Tn, we have a little cooler temperatures here today. But it won’t stay long, it will probably be back hot by the end of the week. Ugh. September did go by really fast, I’m not sure where it went. But the end of September mean Apple Festival is coming soon. 🙂 Enjoy your new book, and happy reading.
Jenea’s Book Obsession’s Sunday Post
We had some open windows weather here today too but I think it’s supposed to be mid-80s next week ? Yay for the apple festival! Ours is in a few weeks. Look forward to it every year ?
Sounds like a fantastic month!! That puppet show sounds pretty cool. I wish it would start cooling off more here, too.
It was great! It’s going to be mid-80s here again this week. So much for cooler weather *sigh*
I recall school Book Fairs with great affection when I was a teacher – it was lovely spending a whole week devoted to books and introducing children to a range of different reading experiences. You had a great selection of books in September – I love the covers of the Pintip Dunn books and glad you enjoyed them so much. I hope October is another great month for you. https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2017/10/02/monday-post-2nd-october-2017/
Autumn is my favourite season too. 🙂
Have a great weekend!