The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things you have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
Brrr….it’s cold!!! Last week we were near 80 this week we barely broke 50. Needless to say I’m snuggled under a warm blanket as I write this drinking a nice cup of hot tea. I love this time of year 😀
So last week my son was sick, now my husband is. I’m using lysol and bleach and every cleaner I can get my hands on in addition to having every finger and toe crossed that I DON’T get this too! It’s just a cold with body aches but I really don’t want to get sick this close to the holiday season.
Speaking of holidays, the HoHoHo Read-A-Thon is in full swing. I’ve officially read 3 books during the first three days of the challenge. Each one was a cute, sweet, Hallmark-ish book. Perfect in my opinion. So far I’ve read:
- Seaside Christmas by Stacy Claflin
- Snowbound at Christmas by Debbie Mason
- Christmas in Good Hope by Cindy Kirk
My heart is absolutely broken for those in Paris. I woke up to the news yesterday morning in shock. It’s so sad and horrific! #PrayingforParis
The Christmas Bucket List by Ella Fairlie is my next HoHoHoRAT read. It’s a short novella, just under 100 pages so I look forward to it. I started The Machinery by Gerrard Cowan on Wednesday before the read-a-thon started. It’s a sci-fi dystopian that I am loving! I’m slowly working my way through it, reading it as a break between my holiday reading.
Last Week on the Blog
- Meet the Author: Laurencia Hoffman
- Top Ten Tuesday #55 – Books to Movies
- HoHoHo Read-a-Thon Goals
- Waiting on Wednesday #26 – Passenger by Alexandra Bracken
- The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto by Mitch Albom
- FF #32 – Funny Books
- Cover Reveal: Dawn of Ash by Rebecca Ethington
- The Damned by Laura Thalassa ★★★★★
- Sunday Post #51 – It’s Starting to Feel a Lot Like Christmas
Coming Up this Week
- Release Blitz for Hope’s Deceit by Angela McPherson
- Top Ten Tuesday | “Top Ten Quotes I Loved From Books I Read In The Past Year Or So” via the Broke and the Bookish
- Book Blitz for Thanksgiving in Sweetwater County by Ciara Knight
- The Rose Society by Marie Lu – review
- Woodland Creek Blog Tour – Gargoyle by Scarlett Dawn and The Beast Within by Rachel M Raithby
- Feature & Follow Friday | “If you could teleport into ANY story, which would you chose?” via Alison Can Read and Parajunkee’s View
- The Heir by Kiera Cass – review
- Weekend Reads | Fictional People Can Be Real People Too!!! – discussion
Merry Mondays is Coming!
Merry Mondays starts on November 30th!!! It’s a weekly meme hosted by moi during the month of December (and sometimes July ? ) to celebrate Christmas and the holiday season. Each week a different topic centered around the holidays will be discussed. I hope you will join me this year and link up your holiday themed posts! The first topic is: What things/activities get you in the holiday spirit? To see a full list of this year’s topics, click here.
This Week’s Book Fix
What are you reading this week?
This week is going to be relaxing. Last week I cleaned, put up our Christmas decorations (yep I’m that person that would have put them up in October if allowed), and just in general stayed busy. Not this week. I’m relaxing, enjoying the Christmas lights and holiday reads. The HoHoHoRAT ends on the 17th so I plan to keep reading some holiday novels. My original goal was to read at least 3, seeing as I have already done that, I’m going to try to read at least 2 more. And who knows, I may just keep reading them through to the end of the year 😀
What are you planning this week?
PS…is anyone else as excited as I am that Mockingjay Part 2 comes out this week?! CAN’T WAIT!!!!