The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things you have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
Happy Sunday everyone! What a very WET week we’ve had in East TN. It’s rained every single day this week, including the 4th! Lucky us though the rain paused long enough for fireworks and little man and I didn’t even have to leave our apartment to watch them. We could see the show (for the most part anyways).
With the rain came a little cold for little man so we stayed indoors, played, napped, and lots of cuddling this week. I was able to get quite a bit of reading done, 4 books for the week all COYER eligible so I’m a happy girl. What did you read this week?
Going to be completely honest for a sec….from the title The Codex: An Angel’s Guide to Seducing a Human I probably would have passed this book thinking it was erotica or borderline. I must say it is NOT. It’s more borderline satire, “lazy fantasy” one reviewer called it. Honest opinion so far: HILARIOUS and I’m loving it!!!
Last Week on the Blog
- Soar by Scarlett Dawn ★★★★★
- Top Ten Tuesday #39 – Top Books of 2015…So Far
- June ’15 in Review
- The Corridor by A.N. Willis ★★★★
- Sideswiped by Lia Riley ★★★★
- FF #18 – First Book…
- Through Glass - Episode 7 by Rebecca Ethington ★★★★
- Weekend Reads #35 – Lizzy & Diesel by Janet Evanovich
- Wicked Appetite by Janet Evanovich ★★★★
- Wicked Business by Janet Evanovich ★★★★
- Wicked Charms by Janet Evanovich, Phoef Sutton ★★★★
- Sunday Post #34 – A Wet Independence Day
Coming Up this Week
- Merry Mondays | It’s been 6 months. Time to check in! How are you doing with your New Year’s Resolutions?
- Gildemer: The Painting by A.S. Oren – review
- Top Ten Tuesday | “Top Ten Hyped Books I’ve Never Read” via the Broke and Bookish
- Destiny Rising by Siobhan Davis – cover reveal
- Sight by Juliet Madison – review
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas – review
- Feature & Follow Friday | “You can only eat one cuisine type for the rest of your life. Which would you choose? (E.g. Italian, French, Greek, Mexican, Chinese, Indian etc…)” via Alison Can Read and Parajunkee’s View
- The Codex: An Angel’s Guide to Seducing a Human by Joe Duck – review and author interview
- Weekend Reads | Penryn & the End of Days by Susan Ee – series review
Christmas in July
With the year a little more than halfway over, I couldn’t resist bringing a little holiday cheer to the summer. Merry Mondays is starts TOMORROW and I would love to have you participate 😀 What is Merry Mondays? Why I’m glad you asked. It’s a weekly feature that I started last December and I thought would be fun for July as well. Each week will have a different theme all centered around Christmas and the holiday season. Want to participate? Click here for the dates and topics. Also if you participate, be sure to come back here and link-up your post!
This Week’s Book Fix
It was a light book week again. I’ve been a little picky with my freebies lately as I’m up to 170 books on my TBR…I know, I have a problem! Covers link to Goodreads.
- Beneath the Cape: Superhero Anthology by a bunch of my favorite authors!!! Proceeds benefit the Wounded Warrior Project
- Esther by Rebecca Kanner
- Everything You and I Could Have Been If We Weren’t You and I by Albert Espinosa
Thank you to Howard Books and Random House for providing review copies this week!
What are you reading this week?
As you are reading this, I’m most likely in a car with my little man on our way to see family. My husband is working weird hours this week and rather than being home by ourselves we thought we’d take a trip home to visit grandparents.
What are your plans for the week?