The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things you have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
October is over?! Where has the time gone? This month was packed full of family fun and not a lot of anything else. My husband had a week off during my son’s fall break from school, so we packed up and went to the mountains. While there we took my son to his first theme park (Dollywood) and I was pleasantly surprised that he was tall enough to ride everything but the big rollercoasters. I learned something about my son during this trip…he’s fearless! His favorite rides were the ones that went really high or really fast. He asked to ride them over and over, much to my chagrin. Even now, two weeks later he is still talking about it and asking when will we go again.
Reading wise, I did okay. I read 10 books, (hopefully it will go up to 11 before Halloween is over), two of those being beta reads that I can’t share with you just yet but trust me you’ll love them 😀 I reviewed 12 books, so all in all not a bad month. However if I’m being honest, reading was a chore this month instead of something I enjoyed. None of the books really sparked any interest. I’m hoping for a better month in November.
Favorite October Read
I enjoyed Serial Hottie by Kelly Oram this month. I read it as a part of a group read and honestly for the month of Halloween it was a fun pick. I love the author anyway and she did not disappoint with this young adult, psychological thriller. I highly recommend it!
Favorite October Quote
I will be what you need. I will be your strength. I will be your anchor. I will be the light to your darkness. I’ll never give up on you…
Reviews in October
- Between Heaven and Earth by Michele Paige Holmes ★★★★★
- King of the Friend Zone by Sheralyn Pratt ★★★★★
- Trial By Charm by Jolene Buchheit ★★★
- Rose & Thorn by Sarah Prineas ★★★★
- Ash & Bramble by Sarah Prineas ★★★★
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling ★★★★
- Reliquary by Sarah Fine ★★★★
- Splinter by Sarah Fine ★★★★★
- Fools Rush In by Donna Frelick ★★★★
- Twisted Palace by Erin Watt ★★★★
- The Blessed Knights by Mary Ting ★★★★
- Sunday Post #95 – September ’16 in Review
- Weekend Reads #80 – Happy Anniversary to Cinder & Ella!
- 2016 Reading Challenges: 3rd Quarter Update
- Top Ten Tuesday #95 – Favorite Villains
- Waiting on Wednesday #72 – How I Met Your Brother by Janette Rallison
- Teaser of Debbie Mason’s Mistletoe Cottage
- Blog Tour: Beyond the Rising Tide by Sarah Beard
- Sunday Post #96 – Out of Pixie Dust
- Top Ten Tuesday #96 – Recommended Reads
- Waiting on Wednesday #73 – Crown of Cinders by Rebecca Ethington
- Sunday Post #97 – Fall Break
- Book Blitz: Saven Boxset by Siobhan Davis
- Top Ten Tuesday #97 – My Next Child’s Name…
- Waiting on Wednesday #74 – Spindle by E.K. Johnston
- Sale Blitz: Kiss of Fire by Rebecca Ethington
- Top Ten Tuesday #98 – Ghostly Favorites
- Waiting on Wednesday #75 – The Queen by C.J. Abedi
- Sunday Post #98 – October ’16 in Review
- Cover Reveal: Through Glass (Episodes 1-3) by Rebecca Ethington
Coming Up this Week
- Through Glass (Episodes 1-3) by Rebecca Ethington – cover reveal, re-launch
- Top Ten Tuesday | “Top Ten Books To Read If Your Book Club Likes __________” via the Broke and the Bookish
- Serial Hottie by Kelly Oram – review
- Mistletoe Cottage by Debbie Mason – blog tour, review
- Weekend Reads | The Great Library by Rachel Caine – review books 1 & 2 of series
This Week’s Book Fix
What are you looking forward to in November?
We are on the countdown to the holidays. Did you know there are only 8 weeks to Christmas? Yeah….I need to start shopping! I love this time of year (though I admit I’m ignoring the media and all things election, so over it!!!), people tend to be friendlier and you get time to be with your family. Plus we are back home this year so it makes it all the more magical.
I’m really looking forward to the Caffeinated Book Reviewer’s Ho-Ho-Ho Readathon this year. I loved it last year! It was the perfect way to get me in the holiday spirit AND it really helped me in terms of having reviews for December ready to go.
Merry Mondays is coming…
Merry Mondays is coming back starting November 28th!! It’s a weekly meme hosted here on Mom with a Reading Problem during the month of December (and sometimes July) to celebrate Christmas and the holiday season. Each week a different topic centered around the holidays will be discussed. I hope you will join me this year and link up your holiday themed posts! The first topic is: Holiday Wish-List. To see a full list of this year’s topics, click here.
What are you looking forward to this month? Read any new favorites in October? Share below